Thursday, July 17, 2008

Buda Day 3






Well, still no luggage.  It's been 2 full days since I've had my own clothes and things.  

Holly's t-shirt was starting to smell...so I took myself shopping today.  Went to the thrift store, Humana, and bought a pair of jeans, jean skirt, another skirt, 3 tank tops and 2 t-shirts.  Then I went and bought a pair of Converse and 2 other pairs of cheap shoes from a little tiny lady who spoke no English but was VERY very friendly and helpful.  It's amazing how gestures and signs can make up for what we lack in language communication.  Then, I hit up the camera store and bought a subpar Vivitar tripod.  Does what it needs to do, but is a hunk of poo compared to my Bogen.  Stopped at Cafe Mozart for a cafe au lait.  Oh, and I bought some toiletries including deodorant, mascara, and razors for my near-Yeti hairy legs and armpits. 

Tonight, Beata, our liaison, is taking us to a couple of art openings in town.  This will be great! 

And here I sit, back at the I hung at a bit last night for the free Wifi (or WEEFEE, as the Magyars pronounce it).  It's called Kiado Kocsma and it is a real gem of a place.  I realize that even with all the prep I did for this trip, I am woefully unprepared for the days of research and shooting ahead of me.  Wish me luck!

Next blog will show the pics I've taken so far, not too much.  I've been too busy drewling at the architecture and the amazing busy city to actual take pictures of it...






  

No comments: