Saturday, August 9, 2008

Last day, Candida's Wedding and Back Home












The last night in Budapest (Thursday night) was a wine binger and a romantic wedding. Dear Dani and Sweet Candida got married at the Kiado and exhanged hand-made rings. It was lovely. I was the witness, the photographer and the priest. And the best-man and the maid of honor. And the wedding drunk. All of these things are essentials on "that special day." I'm glad I could fulfill so many roles and at the same time, gulp down copious amounts of wine at my favorite bar in Budapest.

I only slept about 3 hours before I shared my last breakfast with my friends and it was really really sad to say goodbye. It was also really really sad to wake up still intoxicated from the night before...but I mean, how many weddings am I going to celebrate in Europe?

The ride home was rough, but I made an American friend at the Ferihegy airport. Amy, from New York. We were both hungover and both desperate to get home. Nice to have a comrade in my suffering.

I got home late last night, about 11:30 PM (5:30 AM Budapest time!) and I was so happy to see Christian!! Once we got home, there was Wilson and he totally jumped all over me, whimpering, yelping, freaking out. It was great.

So, now I'm home and even after a good night of sleep, I'm exhausted. Thus, this blog is a bit lame and not the kind of post-European retrospective I had planned. I guess in time, that will come. Today, I plan to eat, rest, watch movies, try to unpack and slowly acclimate to life back home, in a new house, still half boxed up and messy. Not to mention, I have to somehow get the courage to wash 3 weeks of dirty clothes from trip! Having no washer/dryer in the house, this too will be a kind of epic adventure. Also, after weeks of strong espressos and capuccinos, it's easy to gulp a pot of American coffee - I'm about half done with this morning's brew.

For now, enjoy the wedding and pinball pics that I promised and thanks for reading.

No comments: