Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Aug. 6th - Exhibition inand getting sick






Last night was the grand finale of the Residency, our long-anticipated exhibition at the Mucius Gallery here in Budapest. Beata hired a traditional four-piece band from Transylvania to play at the event.  They set up on the sidewalk and the music created a really cool vibe for the exhibition.  A lot of people came, about 60 or more, including my wonderful Hungarian family!  

Hannah and I shared the glory of wearing Patricia's Chain Bridge, but I think it looked better on her than on me.  I really like my hair-do last night and think that I looked pretty cute!  I think all the Medosz ladies are pretty fine...

All the wine and fruit disappeared and people seemed to respond really well to the show.  I met a woman who works for the US Embassy and she was very interested in my story and my project.  Very cool.  

Afterwards, we went out for dinner and drinks.  That was great as it was Holly's last night with us.  

Today, I woke up with a fever and body aches and a sore throat and a cough.  So, I guess it's safe to say that I'm sick.  Perfect way to spend my last 2 days here. 

I slept all day.  Literally, I was up for a total of 2 hours today.  It's just after 9 pm now and I'm at the corner tea house drinking some very delicious green tea.  I think I broke my fever, but I'm still really achy and yucky feeling.  

Tonight is Hannah's last night and tomorrow, it's just me, Lana, Candida and Marlene.  I'll be all alone in my room!  I'm hoping to hit up the sauna at the Szechenyi bath and burn out the last of the fever and yuck in my body.  I was supposed to spend a part of the evening with Agoston and Erzsebet, but I'm worried about getting them sick!  So, unfortunately, we cancelled.  But this isn't the end of our relationship, it's just the beginning! 

I want to enjoy my last day in Budapest and just have to push through being sick.  I'll be sick on the plane and when I get home...gotta fight for one last great day in Hungary!

That's all I've got for today.  Wish I was more lively, but I'll safe it for tomorrow.


No comments: