Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Briar Rose

What a BITCH.

No not really. Briar Rose was one of the easiest and most exciting papers I've ever written. Couple reasons: the hypertext version of the story was amazingly fun to read. It bounced all over the fucking place! It never ended! It never actually ENDS. And then there's the fact that I can pretty much pick apart the end of the "traditional
bourgeois novel" and scream out loud - hey, not every fucking spoiled college kid or their grandma own a motherfucking computer or have time or the inclination to sit in front of a machine to read a text. Books are our friends, still. Old, archaic, but useful friends. Narrative, as we traditionally know it, is NOT DEAD YET. So that was fun. Of course, I did not use the term "motherfucking computer" in my paper. I'll save that for the hypertext version...coming your way....soon. Motherfuckers.

I definitely recommend the experience of reading Briar Rose and know this, my paper will be on my website soon enough (just have to figure out how that pesky dreamweaver operates). Why is it that I can easily learn a video editing software, figure out depth of field charts by sight, conjure up a million useless tidbits of information, but I cannot for the life of me, figure out dreamweaver?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yr funny.