Monday, June 20, 2011

"Nice Ass" Day

After 5 months with a back injury, I jogged for the first time today. I did my ass a favor on this nice ass day.

It was nothing special, only about 2 miles.

But it felt great!

And here's how it went down:

I bought a pair of Sketchers Shape Ups. They are black and look very hip hop. I've never owned black sneakers like this before and am still getting used to not only how they look but how I walk in them, sometimes I think I'm walking like a cowboy. But they center my posture and work my calves, thighs and booty as I do simple walking or elliptical work and my chiropractor says they're gold, so off I go. And in the aftermath, I can totally feel the burn in my muscles in that way I forgot about.

I decided after the job ended today to talk Wilson to Frick Park for our standard 4 mile jaunt. Then Eminem came on the shuffle and I started moving faster. Then some Klaus Von Klaus, Rihanna, more Eminem and faster I went. And I picked up my pace with Wilson panting in tow (he's as out of shape as I am) and we cruised the last two miles all the way home! In the end, I put "Feel Good Inc" by the Gorillaz on repeat so that I would have no excuse to slow down and give up. It worked!

I'll likely pay the price tomorrow when the chiro manipulates my tender back, but there's something so rewarding about pushing my body after a long day at work and it's even more rewarding as I sip on my Pinot Grigio here on the veranda and KNOW that I did something that makes me feel a lot more like me than I have felt lately.

The ingredients for a "Nice Ass Day" are in equal parts as follows:
Sketchers Shape Ups
Frick Park
Wilson (or a good dog!)
Eminem
Klaus Von Klaus
Gorillaz

And repeat...

1 comment:

Unknown said...


I found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts, thought I would say thank you for all the great content. Keep it coming! I will try to stop by here more often.



pittsburgh spa