Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Denver Days



Hanging with Dana and Rob in Denver has been a blast so far despite coming down with a nasty sore throat and cold. When I got up at 4 am to catch my plane and felt the razor blades in my throat, I knew what was coming. But I've essentially overdosed on Nyquil and DayQuil so that I too can enjoy all that Denver has to offer...which is A LOT! D and R have a great place downtown, close to a bunch of great bars and restaurants. D and I had breakfast at an awesome joint called Snooze and then headed to the mall so I could buy some undies...which somehow I forgot to pack! Later, the 3 of us happy-hour bar hopped, then met up with Rob's sister at BOWL-ERO for dollar bowling! I did really well, even though I haven't bowled since I lived in Detroit. First game, 124, then I nailed 151 on the last two games! I even bowled a turkey!

But...responsibility rears its ugly head as the new semester is right around the corner. Already flurried with work and school related emails and deadlines for video projects loom in the very near future. I have to re-invent my FCP program -- stat!

For now...I'm going to thoroughly enjoy these last few days of freedom, surrounded by huge mountains and lots of love from of my dearest and loveliest of friends. This has been a magical and profoundly life changing break and I'm never looking back.

No comments: