Saturday, December 15, 2007

Final Finale Finally


First semester of MATX is officially over! And I'm back in the land of the living!

After a week of very little sleep with dreams in PowerPoint slide design, I'm proud to announce that I got A's in both classes and passed the Pass/Fail Practicum.

Final projects were:
Cut-Ups are For Everyone: The Appropriation of Found-Footage Filmmaking and Media Culture - a pretty straight-forward paper on found art, collage and filmmaking. Focused on issues of ownership, authorship, copyright and fair use by looking at four cases. Ties with with the Surrealist movement, culture-jamming and new media. One of my favorite papers ever. I'll be entering this into the VCU Dept. of English Student Writing contest!

Textuality and Graphic Novels: Identity, Influence and Adaptation in V for Vendetta and Beyond.This project really pulled me out of my comfort zone - not a standard paper at all. I composed a multimedia/hypertext in PowerPoint and then Christian helped me with the online version. It's fun, it's funky. I quoted MCP. I put in a picture of Wilson. I've entered it into the Electronic Literature Organization conference as of an hour ago. First conference I've ever submitted to!

Even though I'm thoroughly hungover from the overwhelming amount of red wine I drank at Melinda's party last night, my confidence level is pretty high. I feel...smart.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Of course Dwight has a second life in Second Life. All the best Vampire Hunters do.